Monday, November 7, 2011

Perspective.

per·spec·tive

 [per-spek-tiv]  Show IPA
noun
1.
a technique of depicting volumes and spatial relationships ona flat surface. Compare aerial perspective, linear perspective.
2.
a picture employing this technique, especially one in which itis prominent: an architect's perspective of a house.
3.
a visible scene, especially one extending to a distance;vista: a perspective on the main axis of an estate.
4.
the state of existing in space before the eye: The elevationslook all right, but the building's composition is a failure inperspective.
5.
the state of one's ideas, the facts known to one, etc., in having a meaningful interrelationship: You have to live here afew years to see local conditions in perspective. (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/perspective)
Have you ever gotten into an argument with like, a six year old? Not like a full fledged one but something like "The moon is obviously made of cheese you freakish lady" and the sheer idiocy (even if they're only 6. hey, its jst an example. I'll get to the little kids later) get u to the point your head almost explodes? That's exactly what it's like to talk to someone with no perspective. At least, for me I suppose. I hear people grumbling and complaining like the world is going to end, only to find "my life has no meaning, this is awful...I can't find my favorite pen!" <--direct quote. Anyway, it's just sad. I mean, come on...really? is it that big of a deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment